Safeguarding Children Training was set up by Richard Woodley to deliver Child Protection courses on behalf of Local Authorities. We now provide ‘best value’ learning solutions directly to a range of professional organisations including Schools, Childcare settings, Charities, Housing Associations and Transport providers.
We focus on empowering practitioners to protect children from harm. Our trainers are experienced and qualified practitioners having worked within a variety of public service professions such as policing, teaching, social care, health and local government. Our learning philosophy incorporates a compassionate mind-based approach to ensure all learning fosters a safe, meaningful and collaborative experience for participants.
We have developed a comprehensive programme of training, Universal, Targeted and Specialist (Levels 1-5), as well as Customised training, to meet organisations ‘Duty of Care’ to safeguard children. We specialise in using evidence-based best practice in all our courses.
Training cost from £27.50 (half day) and £55.00 (full day) per delegate.
Coronavirus Pandemic Course
We are now providing safeguarding children training and consultancy via virtual video conferencing. Please see our newly devised course to support and inform individuals and organisations of current practice to protect children during Coronavirus outbreak.
Safeguarding Children during the ‘Coronavirus Pandemic’ course (specialist L2/3)
This remote video conference course is for all practitioners providing services for children and their families, to effectively maintain safeguarding practices and procedures in the context of the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
- Course content:
Coronavirus: safeguarding guidance and information Major Incident procedures
- Coronavirus: online safety
- Undertaking remote teaching safely
- Ongoing Infection Control methods
For further information please contact: email@example.com
We provide a range of face-to-face specialist training courses for anyone working or volunteering with children and young people. Courses are specifically designed to meet the learning needs of sector professionals including health, social services, education, police, LSCBs, charities, voluntary, community groups, housing, hospitality and leisure, as well as transport providers.
All training incorporates the requirements of the Children Acts 1989 and 2004 along with statutory guidance, ‘Keeping children safe in education’ and ‘Working together to safeguard children’.
CoVID 19 SECURE ‘FACE TO FACE’ TRAINING
How we are making our training safe?
We have implementing the following measures to keep delegates and our trainers safe:
- If a delegate has any of the symptoms, tests positive for, or needs to self-isolate due to COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. new persistent cough, high temperature, loss or change to sense of smell or taste) they must not attend training. We will provide a free transfer to a future course.
- We will implement social distancing measures between everyone at all times during the course and request the same of delegates during breaks. To do this we have reduced class sizes and/or increased room sizes dependent on training venue.
- There will be hand sanitisation and tissues available.
- We have consulted with training venue providers to ensure Covid secure work practices are in place, including regular handwashing and cleaning protocols.
- We have altered our training strategies to ensure that trainers and delegates do not touch and remain socially distanced during learning activity sessions.
- Face-coverings and gloves will not be provided but delegates are welcome to wear their own should they wish.
Training at your premises
We will continue to do our best to provide onsite training at your premises, as long as we have the availability to do so, and you are able to provide the required social distancing and infection control measures at your site.
If you require further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0118 466 3800.